Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Two Scoops!

The closest Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream shop to us is about an hour away in Eugene. Of course I wasn't going to let that stop me from enjoying "Free Ice Cream Cone" day yesterday! I planned a day in Eugene and threw the kids in the car first thing in the morning. We went to the mall for a little shopping. I was looking for a certain bookstore and it wasn't there anymore actually, but we had fun in Borders. Then we had lunch in the car (feeding kids and getting fed upon- what I do the largest percentage of the day) while the day warmed up to be beautiful and sunny. Ben and Jerry's was no disappointment! Last time I went to one of these, we waited in line for close to an hour I think. So I got there 10 minutes before they even started, hping to get in the fron to fhe line. The kids were so excited to have their own ice cream cone. The line wasn't bad at all, which was nice. The kids steaked out their table and waited patiently while I stood in line. I got two chocolate ice cream cones and handed them to the kids. While I was getting my scoop, I looked back at the kids at the table just in time to see them yell, "Cheers!" and bump their ice cream cones together! Honestly! What a crew! The mom at the table next to us started cracking up. It took about an hour to eat the ice cream. Willie was so excited he just sat there talking about it for the first 10 minutes. Look how proud he is of his cone. Lucy gets the award for the messiest. They didn't have any napkins there (the owner was talking to me and saying how they don't put any effort into this day because it's so crazy, they just scoop. I guess I understand.)
Next stop was the Science Factory, which was fun but I was surprised to learn that it's actually quite a bit smaller than I imagined. We circled the exhibits probably three times and spent a large majority fot he time in the Tot Spot, this small little corner with a boat, crane, all pit, and some other ocean things. Baby Hallee made her first attempt at sitting in the stroller. She's probably still too young to sit up in it, but she loved being able to see out. She has not liked being strapped into anything, and she's hated all the carriers I have. She didn't mind the stroller too bad, but it had to be moving to keep her really content.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Courtney,
I found your blog. Yeah!! I've heard the the science factory is kind of a disappointment, but we should go to the A.C Gilbert house sometime in salem!