My Lucy has grown up this week. I'm talking radical change. Her speech, her thoughts, her interests. I'm scared. I wrote about the incident at the pizza place that happened just three days ago. Now, today, similar story, perhaps more serious. Or not since the boy seemed much more harmless, he was only 3 (not 5!), but they were married! We ventured to a park which was very happenin' in the mom scene. Lots of mamas there. Lucy was playing with some good friends of ours, who were also playing with some other good friends of theirs. So, the game was house again, and it developed into Prince and Princesses game. The play structure was the castle- we even caught the moment where Lucy was laying "dead" asleep (as in Sleeping Beauty) in the 'castle' while all the princes were scaling the walls to save her (there were two princes). Ultimately Lucy was to be "married" to Gabe, and Will to Sophia. Then, twist of events, Will decides he wants to marry Lucy. Lucy agreed, so they took each other's hands and started to walk off. Holding hands, people!! At 3 years old!! How did this happen?! (ummm, disney movies...duh) Well, it was too much for Sophia that her prince had left her, so she started a melt down and plopped herself down at the base of a nearby tree. Were talking a pretty big crying fit. All because my daughter is marrying both princes- the little fox! This is the point where the moms came in to round everyone up to go home and found out the whole storyline of their playtime. And this little three year old Will, repeatedly insisted that he and Lucy were going to get married. I tried to just ignore the little Romeo and get the kids out to the car. Turns out we were parked right next to these people, and on the way to his car, Will stopped by to make sure I knew I had to come back to 'this park' to play because he was married to Lucy. What a guy.
aye yai yai. I'm really being melodramatic if you couldn't tell. I don't hold anything against Will. He was a sweet boy and I'd totally love to have a playdate with those guys again. Just after I have a little talk with my girl. I still don't like that five year old though...
Ok, time's up. I'm going to throw a couple St. Patrick's day pics on here though. We went letterboxing downtown and had a lot of fun. Some friends came and we went to four businesses that had letterboxes hidden in the store. So fun. We made it into a treasure hunt, left by a leprechaun. It ended at American Dream pizza and we found the leprechaun's hat filled with treasure. Then we had lunch. I also made rainbow cupcakes for a dinner we had with my sister. She had made a corned beef brisket dinner. I brought these for dessert. They are quite fun because they're so colorful, but a little labor intensive. I'll try anything once though.
1 comment:
Haaa.. Sofia really was traumatized. She cried the whole way home, which is very unlike her. OH well, Will and Lucy both have major running genes, so maybe they will be a good match in the long run :).
Post a Comment