So, I want to ramble a little bit each day about our children's lives and my life. And hopefully it's those things that are insignificant enough you wouldn't hear in conversation but you just had to be there- a part of the family.
Today was a cleaning day- Saturday chores. It always feels good to clean. And i love how the kids get wild when the vacuum comes on and they want to help so they start pulling out every broom they can find. The moment of tenderness and bonding came though as I was just finishing up vacuuming the upstairs. I turned off the vacuum and so I could actually hear what the kids were saying while they were playing alongside me. I caught on to their game of pretend- Lucy was some grown up and Willie was being her puppy. Lucy explained that the puppy's name was Pulley. (lol.) I can't remember how the pretending game developed exactly, but I remember suggesting to Lucy to find a ball so she could play fetch with her puppy. I thought it would be funny to see Willie run after a ball like a dog, so I stared to help her ook for a ball. Not finding one very quickly, I suggested to use a squeaky, rubber duck. I took the first threw and told Pulley to Go Fetch. My inclination was confirmed, as it was super cute to watch Willie bark, and scamper on all fours off to fetch the duck. What surprised me was what was next. I assumed he would just get to the duck, pick it up and bring it back (try and throw it back to us actually, is something I thought he would try to do). But I watched him down next to the ground struggling to do something. Then I realized what he was dong when he turned around. He was trying to pick up the duck with his teeth. How cute he was bringing the duck back, still on all fours, with the toy in his mouth, just like a dog. Good puppy! ;)
Well, I didn't do a good job remembering any other fun stories from today- this is my first day trying to remember to remember these little things. ;) So, that's your story for today. And here's a picture, I'll try and include one picture. I remember Lucy talking on the phone with you about all three of us dressing up as fairies. I know you had a hard time understanding her, and I had to explain what she was talking about. Well, here is a picture from that day that she was referencing to in her brain as she talked to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment