What a fun day- there's lots you can do with "Ll." Preschool was at our house today, Lucy's house- L for Lucy! After our Reader board and walk through the house, we got into as many 'L' activities you can stuff into 2 hours!
-"L" Bag. In my bag was: leaf, lipstick, lei, a wooden ladybug, lightbulb, lotion, leash with stuffed animal dog whose name happened to be Loke.
-L seek and find. I cut out of old xmas wrapping paper a big L and a little l. Then I wrote in all different colors (on the back plain side) different 'l' words. Kids had to find the L's, and for the older ones I had them trace it and the younger ones just had to circle it, then we said the word together.
-London Bridges
-Left: emphasized left arm, left leg, left ear, etc. Put stickers on all their "left" parts. Then played Looby loo.
-Lunchbox: We used a brown paper lunchsack, and I had printed off a bunch of real looking foods and cut them up. The kids just "packed their lunch" picking different foods and gluing them inside their "lunchbox." I tried to emphasize getting a "lot" of this or a "little" bit of that.
-Ladybug Love Letters: I had the kids make ladybugs using their thumbprints. Dipped in a red ink pad and then added details with a black pen. They turned out sooo cute. The outside of the card had ladybugs, and on the inside you use two thumbprints to make a heart. I don't think this activity reinforced the letter as much as I thought it would/should, but it was just fun to do. I thought it would be fun to have them take home a little card with ladybugs on it to give to a relative for Valentine's or whatever.
-Snack: lime jello, lemonade with licorice straws (way sugary, but I'll try and do better next time ;)
-Played library. I had gone to the library and scoured for as many books that started with "L" in the title as I could, to put on our library shelf. I also made up some fake glasses out of cardstock for the "librarian." The librarian had to check the books out and gave out bookmarks. One child was a "volunteer" and was organizing our shelf of books. The other two were students there to find a book at the library. I had made library cards for the kids to pretend with, using a scanned copy of my own library card. The kids got into it and it was fun. We read one book at the end and then I also gave them an "Itsy Bitsy Book" starring the letter L.
-Pin the Lips on the Llama: like pin the tail....
-Lollipops. I wanted to just give them lollipops and then dance to the song, but that would be more sugar, right?! So I cut out cardboard circles and glued sticks on the back and painted them. Then I had the kids glue a fun multicolored piece of yarn in a sprial around the front.
We ran out of time to dance to the lollipop song, and I was also going to have them dancing to "love songs" but didn't, so I put all the songs on my blog and told the moms it would be their homework that week to do the lollipop and love songs.
*Pictures are curteousy of helper mom Maggie! Thank you! She did such a better job being the helper than I did last week! I'll have to do better- especially with the camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment