Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Lasagna
I should be folding clothes...but when lunch becomes a learning lesson, let laundry wait a few minutes. ;) We're learning letters at preschool, and this week is letter L. I actually taught it (I'll post that soon I hope), so we've been doing a lot of "L" stuff. To be honest, I wasn't sure the kids were getting it. Lucy can't even say her L's. Anyway, cutting to the story, today Lucy refused to eat lunch, then later comes up asking for cookies. I tell her she can't have cookies because she hasn't had lunch (well, she didn't like the stir fry I had made for our lunch a half hour ago.) So, seeing her earnestness to comply with my request to eat lunch, I pull out the lasagna from last night. She asks for a sandwich, and I say no, we're going to eat lunch. (Isn't that a sound explaination? ;) She's onto me and asks, What's that mom? I tell her, "Lasagna." I start singing the Labamba song half under my breath, my mind is not thinking anything particular. But her mind heard the L sound and thought mom was encouraging her to repeat it. She chimes in, and says, "Lll, lll, lasanga." I look at her, and smile, "that's right!" "What letter does lasagna start with?" I ask, throwing it into the microwave. "L!" she says. I look at her in surprise. I didn't think she even could really say it, let alone really 'got it' and here she had got the sound and the letter association down pat. Hooray for preschool. Hooray for Lucy! She's happily finished her second helping of lasagna and eating a cookie. Yeah, we'll talk about my level of sweets in the house and playing the "short order cook" later, right now I think it's a good enough victory!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well done Lucy! She rocks! Oh I miss her so.
Post a Comment