Well, last week was our first activity for our little momma's playmorning group. Here's a quick recap.
Activity: Gym Games: Skeetball, Goofy Golf, and Snake in the Grass.
Who came: Margaret, Nia, Wesley, Elena, Kate, Kipa, Koa, Baby, Ty, Tyla, Precious, Olivia, Cierra, Kelly, Laurie, Melinda, Acelyn, Oliver, Chelsey, Matthew, Bear, Maggie, Caden, Misako, Mino-monster, Lucy, Willie, and myself. (Did I miss anyone? I hate to ask that question cause I'm going to feel bad if I did!)
So, trying to plan these little activities is like going to school for me, thus let me share what I learned at school. These are all homemade games, mind you, and look very rag-tag and most don't make it through one play session. I guess there's a lesson in there somewhere. I learned that all of these games were way over the kid's heads. The ages of these kids are 4 and under. But the balls are always fun for any age kid. I learned to utilize skills and techniques learned in childhood: like the sock balls (is that what they're called? If anyone had "sock wars" when you were a kid, you know what I'm talking about...when you roll your sock all the down into a ball.) Another important thing to remember: pixie sticks are not the best treat for toddlers. They don't know how to eat them.
No comments:
Post a Comment