Willie hit the big One today*! Happy Birthday little guy! We were going to have a small family party, then our neighbors ended up stoping by so the party got a little more roudy! ;) No pics of the fun times, but in the near future. For now, let me give a recap of Willie as he is at age 1!!
1) Looks like Mommy- yes, I have a red-headed, freckled baby boy! Ok, only 4 freckles (I've counted, and Lucy has more) and I'm still convincing everyone that his hair is red, but it really is. It's getting more and more red every day. And I'm so happy about that! I'll prove it with pictures sometime.
2) New Tricks- big boy means he's getting smarter and smarter. He folds his arms to pray. Always on cue, and he's quiet (mostly) for the prayer...so cute! He brushes his hair- the influence of an older sister. But he's a climber (boy through the core) and has been getting onto higher and higher things...watch out mom.
3) Walking- he took his first couple steps a week ago, walking back and forth between Mom and Dad. So he's close, probably in the next month he'll be running as fast as he is crawling now.
3) Words- I've definetly heard "No!" "Dada" "Mamaaa" and "Uh-oh!" come out. Signs...I've only tried teaching him a few, and I've only really see him say "more."
4) Teeth- No, not yet. He keeps to doing lots of his tongue tricks. But it looks like he'll probably be singing, "All I want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth!"
5) He's into- cars and balls, dancing (usually just a bounce up and down. He likes the Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam song), getting more into books (which makes me happy), growling and noise matches with his sister, lauging, favorite game is Ticklemonster especially on the Papasan chair.
6) The little things- that you just love and can't forget about a one year old- he's a cuddler and kisser! (Not like his sister, so it's a treat for us and really cute!) He's actually super shy and whenever someone says hi or gives him a smile, he immediately throws his cheek to the side and tucks his chin in a ashamed baby innocence. He stands on his tiptoes, even when there doesn't seem a reason. I think he's just excited about life! He has the most contagious laugh ever! I can never get enough of it. I think I haven't been noticing when he tries to say words because they're so hidden inbetween bouds of adorable laughter! He talks in baby giggles with a gushing smile-- you can't help but smile from the inside out when you see him laugh!
7) The woes- he is always constipated, like his sister was at this age, maybe worse. Probaby more than you wanted to hear about, but it breaks my heart. He's been better the last couple days though.
8) First Girlfriend- click here to go to a post with a picture of Willie and his first love, well, it's a love/hate relationship. After this photo was taken, the little girl got mad and bit Willie on the back. He had teeth marks and a bruise for a few days.
We love you Willie!! Thanks for the cards Grandma Connie and Grandma B!
*His birthday was Sunday, Oct. 19th by the way, I wrote this post late at night on Sunday and our computer is stuck on Pacific time so it recorded it even later into the night, or Monday morning.
Addendum #1: November 2, 2008: I just had to write the cute little phrases Willie has added to his vocabulary as of lately- "Gasp, whas zat?" and "Wow" I guess that's all I can think of right now. :)
5 comments:
I was just thinking that he was getting close to ONE. Happy birthday to William. The Primary Program was yesterday in our ward and your mom was sitting behind us. I asked her if it made her miss you guys. She just sighed. Blogs are such a nice way to keep families up to date. I love this technology!
Hau'oli La Hanau Willie!! I forgot the little guy turned 1 - awesome! We love having you guys around....see you soon! :0)
Congrats on the chunk turning 1. Wish I could see him more often. Hope your enjoying Hawaii as I'm sure you are.
Yay! Congratulations on turing one Willie! How exciting!
PS- Have you tried the babyfood prunes- they work like a charm on our son!
Happy Birthday Willie! I have a friend here whose kids had constipation problems and it turned out they can't eat gluten. Maybe something to read up on?
Post a Comment