The recap:
Activity: Halloween Decorations- I am not original, by the way, so let me just go ahead and include all the links for the decorations we made:
-Mr. Bones (skeleton)
-Spirit Jugs (lighted ghosts)
-Giant Tarantula (Mom & Kid craft)
-Halloween Luminario (Mom & Kid craft)
Who came: Margaret, Wesley, Kipa, Koa, Liahona, Chelsey, Matthew, Bear, Melinda, Aislin, Oliver, Elena, Cate, Lana, Hereti, Wendy, Pearse, Misako, Minochan, Courtney, Lucy, William
Ok, so there was just myself and one other mom who made the Giant Tarantula; and I was the only one who made a Mr. Bones, but the luminarios were a big hit. So simple, yet so cute. I actually discovered that the Spirit Jugs can also easily become "Tye-Dyed Jack-o-lanterns." Crayons work well on milk jugs, I found out, so after I drew a pumpkin face on a milk jug, I let Lucy scribble all over it. What a blast! When lighted it makes a fun little groovy pumpkin. Well, overall I'm probably way overboard on decorations. My porch is starting to look really fun though! And besides, I found out I'm going to be doing a game booth at the church's halloween party, so it's more mileage for my decorations.
2 comments:
That was such a fun day. I had Nia make a spirit jug and the luminarios that evening. She had a blast! We all did because we set out our jugs at night and light our luminarios. Check out my blog for pictures.
that sounds like a fun idea and a cute gift to make and give to friends for christmas or something. Good job!
Post a Comment