Hallee was born three days after Christmas, so technically this was her first Christmas, followed by her first birthday! Hooray for Hallee! I love parties! We had a Christmas themed tea party, it was just so easy to do a Christmas theme and I thought it was way fun. We had about nine little kids here for a tea party Christmas style. It was very fancy which was right up my girls' ally! :) We had top hats for the boys and boas for the little girls. Lucy helped serve tea sandwiches and juice, while the Moms enjoyed the "hot drink bar." I had so much fun I decided I want to do a "tea party" every year. The year 2010 has really been the year of the tea parties because we've had 4 tea parties- Valentines Day, Mommy group playdate, Hallee's birthday, and another mini-playdate tea party. The pictures here are from our video camera (xmas gift) and we didn't take any with the regular camera, but I had a friend who offered to take some so follow this
link to her picasa albumn for better pictures!
I loved being able to pull out all my tea stuff. I had a reflective moment and realized I've been drinking tea for almost a decade! I first started driking tea on my mission in Japan. I loved it, we drank wheat tea, hot in the winter and cold in the summer. I realized that turned me into a tea sipper. I wouldn't say I drink it regularly now as it seems like we've always been on a tight budget and I don't count buying tea as necessity. But I really do like having a cup of something good to drink. I have a lot of special tea set dishware I haven't ever used so I would really like to try it out!
Lucy, our server

The kid's table

The birthday girl on her throne. She devoured two red velvet cupcakes. This girl loves her food!

Moms chatting by the drink bar.

Special visit from Uncle Travis and Amber! I think the kids counted down the minutes! It was fun to spend the day together! Thanks for being here for the party and driving all the way! Love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment