Our time here at Ft Jackson is coming to a close, having had Jeremy's graduation from his AG class on January 12th.
We were supposed to leave that next day for our new (and first) duty station, Ft. Bragg, but because of a few snow days the beginning of the week, packers weren't able to get scheduled. Here's the boxes piling up as we prepared for a DoIt Yourself move just in case.
Fortuneately, our report date was extended a couple weeks so we could schedule movers. And it may be for the better because the closing on our house might be finished and we'll be able to almost move right in, only a few days in a hotel. (Oh yeah, another piece of news I haven't posted yet, we bought a house!) Then as if all of this going on isn't enough...Jeremy found out he got into Ranger school and will be leaving for a couple months. (That's news item #3 yet to report!) Do you see the trend here? How in the world am I going to keep up on all this life stuff! ;)
Jeremy is basically recieving two orders, one to Bragg (located in Fayetteville, NC) and the other is a temporary order to Benning (in Georgia). This is going to be a VERY tricky week! He has to move his family to NC and get himself to GA all in a matter of 4 days. He'll say goodbye to us from a hotel and hope that we move into our house with help of, umm....someone. (We're going to have to make friends fast! ;) I'm sure it will all work out. Poor guy though, he's had a majorly busy 10 days and not only is he headed for 2 months of basically torture, but on top of that, he won't even get to sleep one night in his new house before he leaves! lol! Something to look forward to when he gets back I guess! He's been feeling the pressure of this new challenge, but is excited for it too. There are many friends that have been tutoring him and offering him help to prepare for Ranger school. I know he'll do well, but it will be very tough, no doubt! For those who have no idea what a Ranger is...Ranger is to the army kind of like the navy Seals are to the Navy. It's pretty intense, heavy duty army stuff. I'll give you a few videos to watch to give you an idea what are some of the obstacles he'll have to do in Ranger school. I'm not sure how to post the video, so you'll have to follow the link here: http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/ranger-school/
We've been running around pretty crazy this last week. Then, I was in for my OB this month and mentioned a discomfort I've been having, she checked me and asked me to go in for another ultrasound to check out the cervix, across town, later that day. Aah! Last minute demands on a family is tricky, thank heavens Jeremy was able to help me out. An even bigger thank heavens that it was nothing really. They were checking to make sure my cervix was not abnormally shortening (which is kind of = pre-term labor), but I'm fine. I do still have this discomfort to deal with when I stand up though, which will be a pain during all this moving, but good also, as mentioned by the ultrasonographer nurse lady, it'll make me take it easy and not do anything over my limit! But stressful nonetheless, trying to get a new house set up by myself. Basically, we will just be living in our house like we would our hotel (except food wise) for two months until Dad gets back to help us settle in. :)
Speaking of the house...so, we bought a house. It's been an interesting journey but a good one. We've been happy with our agent, and the house, and the process for the most part. We got word yesterday that all the additions the builder was doing for us (gutters, fence) were finished! So exciting! The last thing in question is the applicances need to get in! We're kind of unhappy with the sales rep from Sears because we feel like she sat on it and now the estimated delivery is too late! They were working with us though, so we can close on time. The kids are so excited for the house "with the purple door." It will be good to get some more room- but I'll admit I'm a bit intimidated by having to have so much house to clean! I'll have to update more on the house later...but word to the wise...might not be until Jeremy gets back from Ranger school. :) In fact, we'll see just how much gets done before he gets back! lol!
5 comments:
Wow! These next several months are going to keep you on your toes. Pregnant and moving into your new house at your new duty station with 3 little kids in tow and without the help of your husband.... yeah, you've got your hands full. I'll keep you in my prayers. Good luck! :)
Congrats on the new house and graduation from AGBOLC! What an exciting couple of months coming up! I wish Me and Dal were there and we could help you guys move in. Jeremy is going to do great in Ranger school! If anyone can do it, he can.
Good luck with everything Court! I wish I could fly out there and help you move in. Maybe you can get the Army to fly me out! Part of relocation expense, right?
Haha, yes Devin, that is a great suggestion. I will look into the policies and see if there isn't a way to "interpret" that into it! :)
holy cow courtney!! I have no idea how you are doing all this! I wish we there to help. I'm glad everything is okay with the pregnancy. Good luck with the move and everything else, you are amazing!
Post a Comment