Sunday, January 17, 2010

December Revisited

I feel I've left this blog in the dust! There's so much that has happened since I've posted! So I'm going to blur by a few and get on to bigger and better things. The first half of December was busy with community events going on- the Corvallis Nativity Festival, and playdates with our moms group.
This is a picture at Albany Storybook Land. I have to be competely honest, not an activity I would recommnend. It kind of reminded me of when we went to the Rasmussen Farm and saw the pumpkin display. The displays look like they've been sitting around since 1970 or something. Ok, it's probably something fun to pass the time, normally, but we went to Storybook Land on probalby the worst possible day because it was SO, SO, I MEAN SO COLD!! It was like 14 degrees, and I obviously didn't dress the kids well enough. They did better than they should have but it did end in meltdowns and plenty of snacks. They earned it.
Mary and Joseph at the Nativity Festival. We showed up for the puppetshow only to find out they decided to start it early and we're already done! That was the only opportuniety we had to get to the Nativity Festival. Quite a let down, but oh well.

I had to make a choice how much Christmas fun we were going to without Daddy or wait til he gets home. We did a lot of fun stuff before he got home, of course, we even went to get a tree. This is really the first Christmas tree we've bought for ourselves. In Hawaii, we never got one. We went with friends from a moms group. They had a little "sleigh ride" and I thought Lucy was funny to hold on to this rope and balance the whole way around.

Daddy finally did get home for the holidays! It was kind of emotional. I'm sure you're thinking, ha, just wait until real deployments. I know, I know. Moving on. Even though Jeremy was crying he was so happy to see us, I couldn't help but bust up laughing when I saw his #1, his glasses, #2, his hat. I knew their issued glasses were funny looking, but this was the first time I actually saw them. There not even in this picture though. This is the only picture we took where he had all army-ed out. His brother and wife came to visit for a couple days at Christmas. It was fun to have them here!

1 comment:

Bonnie-Jean said...

Yeah, they call those glasses- Birth Control glasses... :) As far as his head gear is concerned, he'll learn how to wear it with his own style. :) Glad you got to see him!