I have to say, this is something I have to see to believe. I can't imagine my husband shooting a gun. Guns- in the realest sense of the word- are something I can't say I've seen and can't really imagine. I can't imagine all those young boys with real weapons either. Just crazy, that's the real world though.
08JAN2010
Hey Sweets,
I have a few minutes to write you again, finally. Things have picked up ia lot. We are busy, very busy since we are shooting our weapons everyday. We not only march to the shooting range, but we also shoot, wait to shoot and help others shoot. Then we get home in the evening and use extra time to clean our weapons. Our PT is almost nonexistent since we started shooting. I'm so disappointed! No running, no push-ups, and sit-ups, no NOTHING! How can they expect soldiers to pass the PT test without giving enough time and attention to PT. It's kind of bogus. Plus, I'm missing out on training I need to run under 11 minutes, let alone sub-10 minutes. Grrgh! Not too happy in that department. But, shooting is going pretty well. Overall I've done very well. This morning wasn't so good because I had a wanna be WWF wrestler of a drill sgt. yelling in my ear while I was trying to focus. But, later in the day, when it was my turn again I accomplished my task in 9 rounds, which is pretty good. So, I think I'll be alright for the test on Thursday. I have to hit 23 out of 40 targets. Still no white phone, but we are doing better. I just found out that we are no longer ordered to have 4 people on our fireguard shift. We can have 2 again, until we mess up again. This means more sleep again! I'm ecstatic about this!
09Jan.2010 I got your letter! It couldn't have come at a better time. I was really missing you and the kids tonight. The pics were GREAT! You are so good to me. I've been praying hard for you and the kids. I know it must be hard to be without me. It's hard for me to be without you. I don't know when they will let us call home, but I hope soon. It looks like we will be getting to white phase soon. Shooting is going pretty well. I'm getting the fundamentals down pretty well. My main struggle now is shooting with all my gear; my helmet, body armor, canteen pack, etc. The gear totally changes how I can position the weapon. So, I've got to work on that. But, I'm being safe, you don't need to worry. So, are you starting to feel better? Walking up/down the stairs better? Is Hallee doing anything new or cool yet? What are Lucy and Willie up to these days? I wish I could write more, right now, but time is very limited right now. I miss you so much! I love always and forever!
With all my love and affection,
your soldier boy,
Haps
PS- Shooting went really well today! Passed practice test with rounds to spare! (11Jan2010)
13JAN2010
Dearest Courtney,
Thins are really picking up here at BCT. Today was qualifying day for Basic Rifle Marksmanship (BRM). We had to shoot at least 23 of 40 targets (moving targets) which are timed in order to qualify. I qualified on my first attempt. I qualified with a 29 our of 40. The score was the best I've done so far; so I'm pretty happy, but i was going for 30. I missed the "sharp shooter" badge by one target! So that was disappointing, but I can't complain. I'm been improving steadily and I passed on my first attempt. Some guys had to try 3 or 4 turns to qualify. We qualified everyone but one in our platoon. I was made squad leader today which adds more responsibility and nervousness to my schedule. My squad is happy I'm squad leader, but my platoon as a whole seems a little disappointed that I'm not PG (Platoon Guard). I'm fine with this though because I've got a lot on my plate already. Lately it's been so cold here! Today where we were shooting, our rifles were so cold and when we put our gloves back on, our hands throbbed from being so cold. So, how are things in your neck of the woods? How are the kiddos? Are you feeling better yet? Have you been able to get out of the house a little more? I was thinking about you and the children a lot after I was shooting because we did nothing but sit in our gear when we were done. I kept envisioning the blessed day I can have you i my arms again. We were put into white phase yesterday, so I'm hoping that phone privileges will be reinstated. Hopefully I can call you on Sunday or sometime soon. We only have 3 more weeks of actual training then one week of out processing, and then we are done with BCT! Our calendar says only 37 days left! Then I'll be able to use the phone everyday, I think. I've got to go, but I miss you and love you. I pray for you unceasingly.
Your loving husband,
Jeremy
No comments:
Post a Comment