Baby was born on December 28, 2009 at 10:26pm, which was 10 days earlier than her due date. She weighed 7lbs 5oz and was 20 inches. She was perfect with cute dark hair. We named the baby Hallee Ryse (the pronunciation is hal/ee and reese, nickname is Aly is that's easier ;). This was the most anxious time for us and yet it seems like the smoothest labor and delivery of any of mine. The Lord's hand was definitely present. We were so anxious about when the baby would come as Jeremy only had 2 weeks home and then he HAD to leave to go back to army training. We had talked about inducing with doctors and they were supportive of it.
We went in for an appointment on the 28th and tried to set up a date for inducing. The midwife we saw that day then told us that they couldn't induce because they had not been our provider during the first part of the pregnancy and they didn't have anything on record that could confirm the due date and eleminate a possibility of a preterm baby. If I really wanted to induce, I would have to do an amniocentesis. I was against having that done, and luckily Jeremy sympathized because in the end it meant, no inducing. I was relieved a little as I didn't really want to be induced, but it forced Jeremy to be willing to accept that he might miss the birth, which was hard. Well, the midwife also swept the membranes at that appointment to see if it would help start labor. It must have helped because we had the baby that night! We were so relieved at the way everything went, we couldn't have planned it more perfectly. Thus, you know it was planned by someone else instead. :)
Looking back on it, it's kind of comical they way it worked out too. I started labor late afternoon and it was in a good rhythm by around dinner. Here we had twenty-something people downstairs getting dinner ready and laughing, etc. and there I was upstairs in labor. I came down around 8:30pm ready to go to the hospital. Everyone was so surprised I had the baby so soon.


Now do you see those glasses?! GCBs! LOL! (sorry honey.)
This cute quilt was made by Shoshanna, my sis-in-law, who has handmade gifts for each of my children when they were born. How cool is that? I've been trying to make a quilt for my niece and it still isn't done a year and half later, so I don't know how often I'll be attempting that again. Shoshanna made a cute quilt for Lucy, and a cool lap blanket with crocheted edges for Willie, and this quilt for Hallee. I love the fabric patterns and colors, and the gingerbread girl melts my heart!
5 comments:
I'm so glad to hear that everything went well for you. And I'm totally jealous that sweeping your membranes made you go into labour- I had it done 3 times with my first and once with my second son and it never worked!
You look amazing in those pics- did you really just give birth???
PS-Those glasses ARE hilarious!
Your labor and delivery with this one sounds just like my labor with Genevieve. I went to my dr. appointment, they checked me, I drove home, started labor, and was in the hospital by 6pm. Crazy! She was born that night by 9:26. I'm SO glad it went well. I know my parents had something similar with Annette and needing her to come within a certain window. The Lord does come through, doesn't He!?
I'm so glad he was able to be there with you for the birth! What a blessing. Also to have your family around, how fun. :)
Congrats she is adorable what a busy 2 weeks you had as if the holidays aren't crazy enough. Good Luck with #3!
congrats! Wow, 3 babies at your house. :) Have so much fun with them.
-Christina (aka... ashby shimai.)
Post a Comment