I'm going to ramble on for a little bit about... me. You did want to hear what I've been up to every now and then and not just the kids, right? Something like that.
Anyway, this has actually been a very busy month of accomplishments for me. I have been studying the organ and played in church for sacrament meeting for the first time last week. I have to say a big thank you to my husband who supported me in babysitting while I went to practice. I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't play better given I had 2 months to prepare. But practicing once a week for an hour or so, and learning as much as I did- well, it was kind of a lot of work. It was exciting to learn a new instrument! I even played pedals and everything! I still feel pretty intimidated by the organ- there's so much to learn. Another thing I learned is how much you have to prepare just for prelude! The thing is, I didn't prepare for prelude- I was so worried about my 3 songs. The first 2 were pretty good, the closing could have been better. But prelude, I just was winging it and that's not good, because you're winging it through about 7 songs! Holy cow, can't believe I had to play that many. It's probably because I notoriously play very fast.
The other big thing I had going on was for our ward playgroup I was planning. I did a Smile Party and talked to the kids about the important of teeth and cleaning them and the dentist is. I decided to open it up to the stake (or mostly just the 3 wards in our building). And we had a great turn out. I think there must have been over 40 people there (from smalles to oldest!). I think there were 29 kids, and then however many moms who came with them. There are a couple of cute pics on our playgroup blog from our circle time. We did circle time, a craft: making crocodiles out of egg cartons and brushing the teeth with white paint, I had a tooth pinata we didn't end up doing, and then we ended with the dentist comeing to visit the kids and we presented each child with a certificate and goodie bag with new toothbrush. It was way fun activity.
I also had to talk in church yesterday, and then taught preschool this morning. So it was a very busy month. Getting ready to move is only going to get more busy, but I'm sure we'll be packing in as much fun as possible before we leave! We're excited to have Jeremy's brother and wife come to visit this week!!
Well, I guess that's enough rambling about me for awhile!
love, Courtney
2 comments:
Good for you Court!!! Glad you got the organ thing going - keep it up.
Wow good job! I would love to learn to play the organ too. I hope everything goes good with moving! Angie said you are coming to Oregon in May to visit. I wish we could come too!
Post a Comment