Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Last Letters

I have two last letters to post from Jeremy while at basic combat training. I can't find one right now though...so here's one. I'll post the other one when I find it...

05FEB2010
Aloha Beautiful,
I just wanted to send your hearts from my package right back at ya! I'm sending one for you, Lucy, William and Hallee. I've wanted to do something special for Valentine's Day, but considering my limited resources and imagination, this is what I've come up with. {I sent Jeremy's package in a padded envelope that was yellow with hearts all over it, he cut up the package, cutting out 4 hearts and writing a small note on each for his valentines. Pretty resourceful if you ask me! ;)} I don't have much time tonight, but I want you to know that I'm thinking of you this Valentine's Day and on my birthday. Well, sweetheart, I pray blessings will shower upon you over the next 5 days. I won't be able to send mail until I get back from the field (Victory Forge). I'll be writing you, but won't be able to send them until Thursday morning. Please give the kiddos hugs and kisses for me!
Love,
Jeremy
P.S. The drill sgt. who watched me open my package walked up to me today and said "Van Tress, you're regular active duty Army, right?" I said, "yes," then he responded, "Your wife will make an excellent Army wife." This was based off your package you sent.

1 comment:

Bonnie-Jean said...

I agree with the Sgt. You will make an excellent Army wife. :)