I made these signs from a Family Fun idea, and with the blessing of the barn I had practically all the supplies I needed at my fingertips! I was excited about the project, and so I even made another set for my friend the Ignacios. Unfortuneately, I decided I wanted to make them the day before we were going to Portland to see them, so I had to finish them in one day. It was kind of a late night. It always takes you longer than you think. That was a Thursday, and that weekend we were going to the coast, and then the next morning leaving for Hawaii... so finishing the set for my mom was kind of an ordeal as well. I was out the night before the airplane making Jeremy drive a stake into the ground to get them set in. The ground was too hard. We thought we were just going to give up. But a sleepless night befell me that night, I awoke early and set right to work with a couple of plain old garden tools on a new plot and worked until all 3 signs were proudly situated in the center isle of my mom's circular driveway. Yes, I told you this project was a little over the top. :) I wasn't the only one up early working though. That was the weekend that Mom flew Travis out to get done a bunch of odd jobs. That kid worked so hard the whole weekend! My work was nothing compared to him, I finished in an hour and half; he had to run change out of his work clothes while we were pulling out of the driveway for the airport! We managed to take this picture right before we got in the car. Someday, I will see the "night" side of these signs that I made.
Thanks Betsy for your cute handmade gift! I'm glad that there are people that find joy in handmade crafts as a gift of love!
4 comments:
That is so cool! I'll have to remember those for when we have a driveway one day!
You're extremely creative and talented- I didn't respond to that post because I didn't know what I could possible make for others!
Ok, I admit I didn't comment because I'm lazy and didn't want to make anything for anyone else! HA! It comes down to the fact that I'm SOOO not domestic. I have no idea what I would have made. Cute idea!
Courtney- where are you guys moving to? I saw on your blog below you mention it a couple times, but I can't tell where? Maui? Also congrats to your husband for graduating! That's awesome! Your kids are so big and grown up!
Wow!! All I can say is Wow! I wish I would have read your blog. I've been a little behind....
Post a Comment