
Lucy had her first day of preschool. I almost cried, not joking...it's going to be a long 16 years...! I'm one of four moms in our Preschool Co-op. We meet once a week on Mondays, rotating teaching between the four of us. We're going to be studying one letter a week, so for the next 20 weeks Lucy will really be learning her letters and the sounds. She does know her letters really well, but she doesn't know any sounds yet. These are great pre-reading skills. Most of all, the class is so fun- it's almost like a souped-up playdate! I was the "helper" for this week, learning the letter "J." (Yeah, I know, pathetic... I was crying even though I was staying at preschool.) Anyway, Lucy had a blast.
MY favorite part was playing "Jack and Jill." Lucy's favorite part was her "Jasmine the Jellyfish" (made out of construction paper and curly ribbon). It honestly was so fun. The idea is to spend the rest of the week reinforcing the new letter, which I am doing some. But we've also started into the next letter- mostly because I'm teaching it and so I have all this stuff. Jack and Jill went up the hill...to fetch a pail of water...

Jack fell down, and broke his crown...and Jill came tumbling after.

(Neither of the girls ever fell down the hill, they just trotted down sweetly. The boys were great at falling down the hill though, no fear in these little Jacks!)

The "Jewelry Store" also carried hats, I guess ;)
1 comment:
How cute! I think I will bawl when the day comes for Joshua too!
Post a Comment