William, Jeremy, Lucy and Presley in front of the Honolulu Tabernacle
Our friend, Pre (as in Prefontaine, that's his nickname from the running years with Jeremy at BYUH) ran the Honolulu marathon yesterday. Pre and his daughter, Presley stayed with us Saturday night. Poor Pre was kept up all night by whiny kids- it was a really bad night for Lucy, we're not sure if it was an earache, or diaper rash, or she could just have been being naughty. I only got like 4 hours of sleep. Anyway, Presley went to church with us and Pre went to run the marathon. He was pretty sore afterwards.
I still don't even have the slightest peak of interest in running that long for a race. I was happy to just cook away for our company. ;) We had a pasta feast Saturday night, and yummy BBQ beef sandwiches for lunch after church. Cookies, and a new creation: Pumpkin Twinkies. Actually, the twinkies didn't turn out the best. I've made them before and they were great, this time I was trying to put a festive twist on it by making the filling with pumpkin...I took a shortcut and long story short, it wasn't as great as I had hoped. Hope you don't mind me rambling on about my cooking hobby. It's a funny thing, you know, you go all out cooking stuff and people roll their eyes (like Miss Relief Society, right?); say your hobby is knitting or sewing or chess and they think you're boring; but say it's something like surfing and you're cool. We need to create some more respect for the many millions of hobbies out there- afterall the Lord says to multiply your talents. I think he'd count cooking as a great hobby without all the judgements. Cook on, one and all!
1 comment:
Well I have to say amen to the talent comment! Mine are not so impressive to rattle off to people, but I enjoy the ones I have! Thanks for the comment! Yes, they made my dad Bishop of one of the wards here in Gilbert, Arizona just this past August. He is still new to it all. I enjoy being able to read and see your blog again! Hope your Christmas is wonderful! Say hi to the fam for me!
Love,
Becca
Post a Comment