What I learned at school #6...I was in charge of the Mom and Tot group this past week. We met on Wednesday instead of Thursday and had a pretty big group. It started out slow then more and more came. Here's the stats:
Activity: Mom & Tot Turkey Trot and Holiday Recipe Exchange- 9 stations around the gym of different exercises to do with your keiki, with one of the stations being the "Bead Station" where you got beads for completing the lap to make an Indian Corn Necklace. The beads were just dyed salad noodles. I also gave them "Thankful Feathers" to write what they're thankful for and put on their necklace. We also had each mom bring a recipe that is a family favorite used especially during the holidays or special occasions.
Who came: Margaret, Nia, Wesley, Kaelene, Kiara, Maka, Alanna, Salote, Koa, Lia, Lana, Hereti, Melinda, Aislin, Oliver, Mel, KC, Misako, Minochan, Marlise, Joseph, Clara, Nancy, Sage, Courtney, Lucy, William.
The kids/moms didn't really team up like I was planning, we all just ended up going around once as a big group (it got too big toward the end) but it was fun going around together. Then, I guess most everyone was done. I had also brought Wee Sing, so the kids danced around to that as well. Moms brought lots of yummy treats today! It was fun to see all the recipes!
Our Thanksgiving was fun...pretty relaxed, which is exactly what we wanted. We had dinner with our neighbors, the Le family, who have two kids the same age as ours and they're good friends. Rebecca did the turkey which was really good, and mashed potatoes, yellow rice (I need to get the recipe!), garden veggies, and pistacio pudding dessert thing. I made rolls, yams, asparagus, and a pumpkin cheesecake. I really didn't make too much- I forgot the stuffing! It was a really good dinner! I followed this new recipe for the yams, and it was simple and good, I have to say I'm a fan. I doubled the brown sugar and 1.5 times the spices (actually I didn't have pumpkin pie spice so I made my own mix. Pumpkin pie spice is basically nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice...basically. I went heavy on the cinnamon and nutmeg.) We also made muddy buddies and I made some spice cookies with pumpkin dip. Friday morning I unconvinced myself to get up early for the doorbusters. We realized there was nothing we really wanted. We ended up going to Kapolei with Jeremy who had to do some things at work. I did go shopping while we waited, so all in all we did get the good sales- we both got a present I guess you could say: a new flash drive for Jeremy and a Crockpot for me. Hope you all had a great holiday!
No comments:
Post a Comment