Willie's first tooth is coming in, the bottom right one. He has a few more bumps too.
Lucy had a scary experience yesterday. We were coming out of the elevator in our building. I had Willie in the stroller and was wheeling him out backwards, Lucy was still waiting in the elevator. She usually slips out while I'm pulling out the stroller, but this time the timing was late and the door starting closing with Lucy still inside. I had to jam my arm in the door, hoping it would make it open, but it just jammed with about a 3 inch opening. Lucy started screaming at this point. I think she actually thought I was getting hurt rather than worried about being stuck inside. I kept trying to reassure her and tell her to just wait why I fix the broken door. It took a little while trying to get it unjammed and the door did a few little half-open shut glitches, which freaked Lucy out more. Finally, she was safely able to get out. I paused outside the elevator and gave her hug and asked if that was scary. She nodded her head and said, scaried. It was one of the first times she's ever clearly told me her feelings, which was kind of neat despite the bad experience.
1 comment:
Lucy's so sweet. I'm sure it was scary for her, but I'm glad the elevator didn't get closed and take her somewhere by herself, that may have been even worse for her.
Post a Comment