Wednesday, November 19, 2008

3D Paper Snowflakes

So, we had our enrichment holiday social tonight. I was helping with decorations, and wouldn't you know...no pictures! No pictures to show off my work. Not even one for my cute Grandma who should be proud that I used her Christmas gift at this event. Anyway, we did a snowflake/silver and blue frost kind of theme. I made 8 centerpieces of miniature "trees" (branches with the leaves pulled off) and spray painted them silver. The trees were set up in a plantar covered with silver cardstock and a wide blue and white decorative ribbon, complete with cotton ball "snow" around the base of the tree. I was glad they turned out.
Another little treasure I found amongst this work, was this paper snowflake. Isn't it cool?! I was quite impressed with the easiness and how cool this little was (I know that was a bad sentence, btw). The girl in charge of decorations Lana, told me she was having a hard time making a snowflake. And it made me think, hmm, how do you make a cool snowflake? I think this snowflake is pretty cool- check it out! Cheap holiday decorations!

2 comments:

Christina said...

That snowflake is so cool! I'm gonna try it out!

Lana and Micah said...

I too am soOo sad that we took NO pictures!!! I was trying to explain it to Micah - and I just don't think he could understand/appreciate the coolness of the decorations. Sigh. I guess there's always next year? ;0)