Wednesday, March 30, 2011

He's home.

I've not felt like writing lately, but I look at my unupdated blog and it kind of just bugs me. You know, like looking into the mirror and wishing you had put make-up on that day, so you have the real you looking back at you. Ha! Guess I should be saying the real "made-up" you, right? lol.

Anyway, I guess the biggest news is Jeremy's home. Yep. It's disappointing, from my side, that he didn't finish, but of course that doesn't reflect at all my feelings for having him home. That's been super awesome. And, yes, now I don't have to worry anthing about what to do about when the baby comes.

That last statement is not really the story at all. Really, it's just the fact that all the worries I have are completely different ones from before. It's all so wrapped up and I won't disclose every detail. The short of it is...I was planning a homebirth and had found a midwife that I like. Now, mostly from Jeremy's side, we're feeling like maybe we shouldn't do a homebirth. I feel I'm starring at two completely fine roads to the same end point, and just have no idea which way to start trodding down. So, I'm doing both, lol, of course. This next month will have to be some major decisions, so I'm sure things will be shifting in a permanent direction soon.

Jeremy leaves tomorrow for airborne school which is about 3 weeks. I'm nervous at how the kids will react. We struggle with the separation a little bit still, it's been hard to find a way to help them be more positive. My strategy right now is to just distract them like crazy...which kind of works for the most part. And the next 3 weeks have a lot of fun things going on, so I'm looking forward to it. It's always a plus when we're not worrying about sharing the car either. :)

Of course I haven't been taking pictures too...rats. Maybe next time.
I'm very excited to announce my little brother is getting married in July. It will be a hard trip having just had a baby, but I'll be fine, and actually it's not too far away, so that really helps. They are getting married in the DC temple, so cool!!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I so wanted to do a homebirth with Miriam, but I only didn't because our insurance didn't cover it, and we have really good coverage in the hospital. Hope you guys can find a good situation you feel comfortable with!

trish said...

We're moving to Maryland at the end of May for my postdoc! If you have anytime to meet up while you're in DC, let me know! Or I can just make a trip to the temple the day you're there to at least say hi :) Hope all goes well with the upcoming decision making!