Wednesday, October 14, 2009

To my loyal fans

Haha, you are my "fan" if you are reading this because I haven't posted for so long I don't know why anyone would be checking this blog. BUT, now you're here, and I have a new post.
But that's just about it, life is busy and I've been posting on our mom's group blog www.willamettevalleymommies.blogspot.com, so you could go there for some cute pics of the kids.
We've been fitting in a TON of family time now that we're both home. Sometimes all that time brings out the worst in everyone, but we've had some good times. My friends in Hawaii will remember my obsession with winning free things, and all the free things I got while living there. I'm sure I've posted about it before anyway. ;)
But since moving back to Oregon, there has been a new list of free things that have come my way. I get so proud of these things, so I have to share! :)
I won a free dvd, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and other counting stories, from SavvySource.com It's a little bit above my kid's level, but it's a pretty fun video.
One of our activities for WVM was the Zuke-a-palooza being put on by Shonnard's nursery. We took out neighbor's extra zuccuni and decorated them with paint, googly eyes, pipe cleaner, etc. It was actually quite funny. Well, Willie won the prize for the best decorated zuccuni which was a $10 gift certificate.
The last thing that comes to mind right now, is the $25 gift certificate to Mo's restaurant we won just last Saturday. We went to the Kite Festival in Lincoln City. It was a long but so beautiful, perfect day! We had a great time. I ended up buying two raffle tickets for a drawing. I was doing it more as a donation because this cute old man dressed as a clown was doing balloons for the kids. He called the other day and told us we had won one of the 3 prizes from the raffle. "This is the clown from the festival at the beach..." I thought that was one of the funniest phone call introductions I've heard! So, we're looking forward to some clam chowder next time we're at the coast. We had some great chowder and food from the restaurant near the Kite Festival, it was called Kyllo's I think. It was a great restaurant for lunch if you're in the area.
well, there's some random rambling to catch you up. We're looking forward to a visit from Grandma (Jeremy's mom) in a couple weeks and Willie's big haunted birthday bash!!

2 comments:

Betsy B. said...

Welcome back to your blog!!

the 4 of us said...

Hey Van Tress Family!! Just Konrad and Sara Perriton from BYUH 6th ward waaaay back when...popping in to say hey and we are so excited to have found your blog :)
email us at marsh010@hotmail.com so we can add you to ours :)
We miss you guys, hope all is well with your beautiful children and selves :)

XXX