
This isn't the best picture of us, but we tried to take a picture in front of our apartment building (not a digital camera, btw). Our apartment is basically right behind the big tree you see in the background. It provides nice shade and keeps our apartment pretty cool and clean.
Around the corner on the left-hand side is where we got to meet the Fire Captain, crew, and policeman the other day. I guess my mind has been out of it trying to settle into a new place (is that a good enough excuse?), because I did a real stupid thing on Wednesday. I was taking the kids to pick up Jeremy and head to dinner at a friend's house. I put Willie in the carseat and he was being fussy so I gave him the keys to play with. I then went and put Lucy in her seat and the stroller in the back, and of course I had closed all the doors while I was going not knowing that little baby had found the lock button on the keychain and locked all the doors! It's bad enough locking your keys in the car, of course, but locking two helpless kids in there as well was one of the most terrible feelings! My cell phone was in my bag that was in the car as well, I didn't have a key to get back into my apartment or anything. Luckily there was a work crew right next to the car and I was able to borrow a cell phone. I called Jeremy and told him to figure something out. In the meantime, I was feeling worse and worse, the on-lookers were all getting worried the kids were going to suffocate soon (they were probably making me worry more than help the situation, but I'm glad they were there nonetheless.) One of the workers let me borrow their cell phone and we decided to just call emergency 911 because we had no idea what Jeremy was going to be able to figure out and how long it would take. The police came and the fire truck who had a professional system for breaking into cars! I am glad they didn't have to break a window. The kids probaby weren't in the car more than 10 minutes, but they were all sweaty and looked fairly uncomfortable, poor things! I hated that feeling looking in through the windows at their cute little faces and just feeling so stupid for doing something totally preventable and potentially threatening to the kids! Well, it could have been a lot worse. I'm just blessed to have had so many people there to help get things solved! Just look at these cute kids-- I love them so much!!

Willie is still getting used to all the changes that come with a new place I think. Look closely and you'll see a bread trail up to his chin. He's still not on a super good nap schedule, and the poor kid has to crawl around on such hard surfaces all the time!

Everyone knows Lucy's shoe fetish. She's extended her shoe thievery to include socks as well. Don't you just love how one sock is down and the other up to her knees!
4 comments:
Oh no! I'm glad that you were able to get them out ok though. Lucy looks so cute with the socks and shoes!
OMG, I totally did this - except I locked both Hereiti & I out of the car while I was 8 mos. pregnant! It's such a sinking feeling...trust me, I know! Anywho, glad I found your blog. I love it :0) See you soon!
Hehe - so mine's not the only girl who likes to run around in her diaper and wear big shoes! That is such a cute photo! :D
so classic. every kid must have a picture like this. I really do like the sock addition though. She actually rummages through the drawer and pulls out socks or are they off the floor!! ew yuck!
Post a Comment