Thursday, December 16, 2010

Turkey Rewind

We got to get Thanksgiving up here before Christmas comes!! (Wait, did I even get Halloween up? That's the way these things go I guess!) We were so lucky and happy to a visitor for Thanksgiving. Kids love the extra attention, of course, and we're really looking forward to seeing Grandma. Lucy still prays almost everyday that "cousins" or "grandma" or someone will be coming on the airplane to South Carolina. ah me, little girl. Anyway, Grandma flew in and we drove the 1.5 hrs to go get her, but of course I decided to make a whole day of it. We started early in the morning with a sack lunch and visited to a gold mine just outside of Charlotte, NC. We joined the little tour and spent quite a lot of time there, in fact, we were "late" heading to the $2 movie, which was next on my agenda. We still went in to kill the next hour watching Despicable Me. The kids liked it, although it was in 3D and Lucy didn't want to keep her glasses on. Willie was fine with having glasses, cute little smiling cheeks underneath. :)


We picked up Grandma Connie amongst mad busy traffic- biggest travel day of the year. We also had a nice Thanksgiving visit. I can't remember now why I was particuarly busy at that time, but I remember not having anything planned for dinner. I did have a turkey thawed, but that was it. Grandma helped really pull the dinner together. Our visit also included a trip to the children's museum to see their new exhibits- Fairytale land and Snowville.



1 comment:

Allison Rosdahl said...

cute cute pics! We miss you guys!