Monday, April 19, 2010

Only a Matter of Time

It was only a matter of time until Willie figured out how to get out of his crib. Today, that time has come. I'm actually surprised he hasn't done it sooner, being the crazy jumper/climber he is. He just didn't put it together. Anyway, I have no idea exactly how he gets out. Hope it's safe....as can be. So, now the dilemma, should I start having him use a toddler bed. I feel myself really hanging onto the crib as long as possible, dragging it out, playing mind games with him until he's totally figured out the battle that's at steak here. But should I really drive him to understand so much of what this situation entails. Eh, I'm sure he's figured it all out already anyway.
Jeremy was super sweet and had flowers delivered to me today. Yesterday on the phone he was so giddy and anxious saying 'What are you doing tomorrow?' 'Are you going to be home?' 'There might be a surprise for you tomorrow.' So he was very obvious in something going down, but didn't let up at what it was. I asked him, 'Did you spend money?' To which he replied No, so that really stumped me. I couldn't think what wouldn't cost money to have show up at my door. Then I thought, maybe he is showing up?? I honestly thought that might be it, although I knew there was no way it would be. I tried to not buy into my secret wish, but it was so alluring it was hard not to. I had to laugh inspite of myself when the flower van showed up. It was a lovely surprise, not to be downplayed by me thinking it was my hubby showing up. The flowers are beautiful- red roses with some smaller very pretty flower, in a cute square chunky vase, there's this long thin grass made intoa shape of a heart around it. That didn't sound beautiful the way I described it, but it raelly is. The card was very sweet, of course. ;)
falling asleep....got to go.........

No comments: