The last month has had way too many doctor's appointments and getting shots...yuck. I hate this stuff. I've been sooo unhappy with the clinic and doctors we'v been going to right now, long story... glad we're moving away from them...anyway. We're at Willie's 15 month check up and so they ask this whole long list of questions, How's he doing with that, How's his development with this. They're really awkward questions, do you know what I'm talking about? You can't even think how to answer them, yeah? And so you stand there thinking, Ok, I know my child is super smart, but I can't tell you every single thing he can do. Like the question, how many words can he say? I was like, A lot, ummm, don't know how to even begin to count up a number. The doctor just stared at me in silence like, that's not an answer I can write on my chart, I have to put a number down- that's what will validate my paycheck. (sigh, I hate big kine hospitals can you tell?) But the lady has a valid question, and plus Grandma asked the same kind of question. And so I decided throughout the next week I would write down everything that Willie says and take note how many words he's using. Well, don't get prepared to be bedazzled by some big number, although I'm sure it is a big number. But as the week went on, I honestly could not keep up!! Everyday I noticed all these new words that he was using and thinking, wait, those aren't on the list yet...! I thought Lucy was quite verbal, but Willie might have passed her up (he does have the advantage of a "tutor" so he should be I guess). The kid can have full on little conversations though- it's so cute! He uses two and three word sentences: open it, what's that?, no want it, get down please, i want some. (These aren't written in baby talk; his diction is not this clear, but the words are there.) Some of the cute things I noticed he was saying was, "Up, Up and Way!" He says really cute prayers that are quite audible. Some of his favorite songs are, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Old McDonald, and he'll try and join in on other songs like Ring Around the Roses, and Pop goes the Weasel, and with his sister in the Sleeping Beauty song Once Upon a Dream (I know you...). He's turning into quite the little toddler! Today he went to all of Nursery, for the first time, and the teachers said he did great. Even just since I've been taking note of his words, it feels like he's totally grown up so much. I'm really happy that he's started to pay more attention to books as well. For awhile there I thought, darn he's really not attaching on to reading like Lucy did and I thought maybe I haven't been spending enough one-on-one time with him. And I probably haven't, but he is coming around. It's hard to find middle road books they can read together sometimes. Reading has helped Lucy so much with her vocabulary and pronunication I feel, so I'm glad Willie is starting to get into it more too.
Well, I think this is turning into a little bit of rambling, so I better stop before I get too far into it!
No comments:
Post a Comment